The “We Are Atheism” campaign is a platform that enables atheists to be heard, to stand up and be counted. The campaign is to show atheists around the world that we are not alone, we are many, we are proud of it and we won’t be ignored.
The campaign website is here: http://www.weareatheism.com/
Atheists everywhere acknowledging that they are atheists makes it easier for those who haven’t been able to publicly acknowledge who they are to do so.
The only things we have in common is our lack of belief in god and our humanity. Well, perhaps those aren’t the only things, after all, a preference for reason, logic and truth are traits you’ll find in most atheists. At the very least though, that we see no credible evidence for any deity existing what so ever, is something we do share.
I haven’t uploaded a video but even though video is really not my thing, I think I might do so.
A host of popular atheist speakers, like Hemant Mehta, Greta Christina and Jen McCreight already support the campaign and tell their stories about their atheism and how it changed their lives for the better. And then there is Chris Redford (YouTube’s Evid3nc3, I think I might be his biggest fan) who’s video’s on his de-conversion and thought process are mind blowingly awesome and provide clear, logical progression from very Christian to atheist.
It’s ok to be an atheist
The “We Are Atheism” campaign will:
- Provide an outlet for atheists to feel comfortable to come out o the closet.
- Always let visitors know there are other people out there that are non-believers.
- Help people find other atheists like them in their state, city, and even neighborhood.
- Give access to local, national, and international organization to become involved in the secular community.
- Empower people to start their own organization in areas that does not already have one.
You can read more about how the campaign came about here: http://www.weareatheism.com/about/
Always be awesome.